Do you want your own community newspaper? One that works hard to get your news out to the public? Surprise! You already have one. Actually, you have two — the Adirondack Daily Enterprise and the weekly Lake Placid News, sister newspapers that cover the Olympic Region.
Your newspapers serve the entire community: you, your friends, your family, neighbors, businesses, schools, civic organizations, etc. They are clearinghouses of information. The Enterprise covers the Tri-Lakes villages of Lake Placid, Saranac Lake and Tupper Lake and surrounding towns. The News covers the village of Lake Placid and the Olympic Region towns of North Elba, Keene, Jay and Wilmington.
This is an open invitation to take an active role in your community newspapers. Send us your news.
It could be a press release about a specific topic of interest to the public, or it can be a more formal monthly update. The Enterprise has regular updates from groups such as Historic Saranac Lake. Some organizations — such as the Rotary Club of Lake Placid and Ausable River Association — have worked with the Lake Placid News editor to submit a monthly column.
Either way, we want to tell our readers about your news.
Public relations tip: To reach as many people as possible with your news, employ a variety of tools in your PR toolbox. That includes regular posts on social media — such as Facebook — and press releases to traditional media outlets — such as the News and Enterprise. The extra effort makes all the difference. After all, not everybody is on social media, and not everybody reads the local newspaper. This way, you’ll have most of your bases covered.
Submit your news
The Adirondack Daily Enterprise and Lake Placid News invite all civic groups, clubs, community organizations, schools, government bodies and departments, and businesses to submit their press releases, event photos and calendar items for inclusion in your local newspapers.
What to send
Send press releases about your news or events using a standard press release format:
– Media contact: name, mailing address, phone number and email address.
– Date of release
– Body of text: basics of who, what, where, when, why and how
– A person to contact for more information, including phone and email address
– Caption and photo credit for attached photos
– Do not send flyers or posters and expect us to write the press release for you.
– WORD COUNT: Maximum of 500 words
– PHOTO SPECS: Jpegs @ minimum of 300 ppi at 6 inches wide (1-4 MB in size). Horizontal photos work best. Make sure they are color and in focus. When sending smartphone photos, email them in “original” size.
How to send
– We prefer to receive releases by email.
– EMAIL: Send by copying the text and pasting it directly into the message (no links or attachments). Send to [email protected] for the ADE and [email protected] for the LPN. Do not send press releases as PDFs.
When to send
– Deadline: 5 p.m. Monday (LPN)
– LEAD TIME: Try to send press releases at least two weeks prior to the event date.
– PRINT DATE: LPN is dated Friday, but it is on stands Thursday. The ADE is on stands Monday through Saturday.
Who to send news to
– ADE: Send to Managing Editor Elizabeth Izzo, [email protected], 518-891-2600, x22
– LPN: Send to Editor Andy Flynn, [email protected], 518-891-2600, x24
Send calendar items to both the LPN and the ADE.